HOT WATER TREATMENT
- Reduces putrefaction (Gloeosporium mushrooms) and fruit scab in apples
- The apples are immersed in approx. 50 ° C water for 30 seconds
- Gentle feeding and running through the hot water bath
- Particularly suitable for Bio and Demeter, as only hot water is used (method recognized according to organic guidelines)
- No synthetic fungicides and therefore environmentally friendly
- The Palm hot water solution can be integrated into the existing sorting process
- No additional effort respectively no increase in cycle time (no bottleneck process)
- Our proven "In-Line" immersion process requires less energy and is even more efficient than the conventional hot water immersion process
- No impact on the internal fruit quality
- Acid and sugar content as well as pulp strength are retained
Research project of the Max Rubner-Institut (Federal Research Institute for Nutrition and Food) in Karlsruhe.
Research project 02OE213 of the Federal Research Center for Nutrition (BFE) in Karlsruhe. Publisher: Office of the Federal Organic Farming Program at the Federal Agency for Agriculture and Food (BLE) in Bonn.